Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lonely Hearts

This poem is another one of those you read the first time and go, "WHAT?!?!" I've noticed there's a lot of those, I kind of think the poet just likes the shock value. They just want people to recognize their poems and well make them less boring. I know I'm probably just being biased since I don't like poetry and this might be outside the cone zone but sometimes I really just wonder if these poets that write these things are crazy. Anyway, back to the poem. This poem has some irony in that it it lists all of these extremely specific characteristics about someone, then specifies a location and still calls it a "simple" request. Overall though it seems pretty clear that this poem is really just satirizing all of these specific dating requests people have and post in public places.

No comments:

Post a Comment