Thursday, January 20, 2011

Othello, The movie!


Well I was browsing netflix and I found this movie! "O" was by mail only and I don't think I'm going to mail away for it so i started watching this one. So far it is really well made and very accurate. They even speak in the same text as the play. I would strongly suggest you look into it if you haven't already seen it. I've only gotten to watch about the first 15 minutes of it but so far it has really helped me put names to faces and keep the characters all straight. That is always one of my problems when I read plays. The way the movie is though its almost like the play verbatim however I do think I noticed a few differences with some of the spoken word. The only possible drawback is it's length, it's about 2 hours long.

1 comment:

  1. that version has great acting in it. It skips or rearranging quite a bit of the text, but the actor playing Iago, in particular, gets the character perfect.

    ReplyDelete