Monday, April 25, 2011

Plot/Foreshadowing

"You must create a female for me, with whom I can live in the interchange of those sympathies necessary for my being. This alone you can do; and I demand it of you as a right which you must not refuse to concede." -page 104

This is quite a predicament for Victor. Should he create a female, yielding to the monster's request in an attempt to subside his murderous ways? Or should he not do it and then? Who knows what? We can only assume that the monster would continue to kill if not kill more. In addition he probably wouldn't be too fond of Victor if he denies his request. That would put his own safety in danger. I think this could also be considered a bit of foreshadowing. He says "he must not refuse to concede." That sounds like a threat to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment