Friday, November 19, 2010

Eveline

This story has a distinct theme, decisiveness. It attempts to show just how difficult some decisions can be and I think that it did a very good job in doing so. I am having a hard enough time deciding where I am going to go to college next year and although it will surely effect my life it won’t effect it as much as Eveline’s decision in this story. I’m not really sure what the fact that she never makes her decision means. Maybe it attempts to show that the worst decision is not making one at all. I also thought the way that Eveline was emotionless when she had decided she wasn’t leaving with Frank at least for now. I’m betting that is supposed to mean something too but I had a tough time reading deeper into this particular story. I think that the fact that the way she described her life at home was also striking. For anyone on the outside looking in it seems like such a simple decision, leave, but to Eveline dislike for change is enough to make her stay.

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like you're saying the theme deals with indecisiveness, not decisiveness.

    ReplyDelete