Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Rose For Emily

Question 3. I did anticipate the ending and here's why. First off, no one had entered her house for 10 years. I don't know about you but I can't think of many people I know that have literally had no one enter their house for one year let alone ten! Second, although not as striking she seems to tell the officials to talk to Colonel Sartoris (who is dead) in an non-sarcastic way. Third (and possibly most apparent), when her father dies not only does she keep his body despite the strong odor and the fact that its a dead body but she also firmly believes that her dad isn't dead for three days after his death. Fourthly, Emily buys rat poison and does not give a reason as is required by law. FIFTHLY (this is getting ridiculous), Emily's boyfriend is never seen again after she buys the rat poison (c'mon if you don't see it by now I don't know what to tell you). So, essentially it seemed to become more and more obvious as the story progressed until it was finally almost certain, but the question was there so I answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment