Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How I Met My Husband

Well I would first like to start out by saying that I love the show How I Met Your Mother and while I was reading this that's all I kept thinking about. This story, although much shorter than the overall series of HIMYM is very similar in its structure. In HIMYM one of the first episodes is one where Ted is telling his kids all about how he met a lady who the kids only assume is their current mother since Ted says he’s going to tell them the story of how he met their mother. At the end of the episode Ted says and that is the story of how I met your aunt Robin. The kids are needless to say a bit shocked and Ted says that the story of how he met their mother is very long. Similarly in this story, the story is entitled “How I met my Husband” so the whole time we can only assume that her husband is the man the story focuses on, the airplane pilot. However in the very end the twist is that her husband is really the mailman.

No comments:

Post a Comment