Friday, November 19, 2010

A Worn Path

This story was. . . I guess if I really think about it sad, but still inspiring. The sadness comes, of course, from the fact that throughout the story Phoenix goes through all of these perils and despite all of it, it is still unclear whether or not her grandson is alive or not. It just seems terrible to think that a lady like this could be so far gone into Alzheimer’s or whatever it is maybe just blind love, that she can’t really separate reality from her thoughts or her past. I did like how fearless Phoenix was through it all. When the hunter pulls the gun on her she isn’t even fazed in the slightest, she is willing to die for her grandson to be happy. I didn’t really like how the hunter just assumed she was going to see Santa Clause, sure this story was set in a different time but even still that kind of made me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment